Support the Wessels Living History Farm
David Wessels began the work of the Farm through his generous bequest to the York Community Foundation. Over the last few years, his bequest has supported the development of this Web site and the construction of the physical farm south of York. Since 2003, people from all over the world have visited the Web site over 13.5 million times. In addition, a series of public programs are being held throughout the year at the physical site.
David Wessels' bequest was generous but not unlimited, and we now need your support to continue his work. The Wessels Living History Farm has the potential to be a major educational resource showing students and adult learners both locally and from around the world how innovations in agriculture have changed world history. Our goal is to help teachers achieve proficiency in social studies, reading, math, science, art, music and other disciplines by teaching the history of agriculture. The learner resources found on the Web site and planned for the physical site are all based on the standards that teachers are expected to reach today. Becoming a member of the Wessels Living History Farm organization supports these goals directly.
What do you get for your membership?
- Most importantly, the satisfaction of supporting the work of the Wessels Living History Farm.
- Free and unlimited admission to the farm for one year from the date of membership.
- Our Members' Newsletter sent to you via e-mail.
- Individual membership $20. All basic membership benefits for one person.
- Family/Grandparent membership $30. All basic membership benefits for you, spouse, and all children or grandchildren age 18 or under.
- Gold membership $60. All basic membership benefits, free admission for all non-member guests (does not include guests for rental occasions) and 10% off all purchases from the gift shop.
Join today by contacting the farm:
Wessels Living History Farm
5520 South Lincoln Ave.
York, NE 68467